Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Enjoying the Simple Things of Life..




Part of the ethos of owning a Campervan , is getting back to a simpler way of life. All of us yearn in one way or another to escape the rat race , hence the popularity of Campervans. But you don't even need a van to enjoy many simple pleasures in life. Take today for instance. We live near the centre of town but are fortunate to live next to a beautiful park. This park has rolling hills (great for sledging )a small lake full of fish and birds as well as the formal gardens around the bandstand and kids playground...ect ect.


This morning was a glorious Spring day so I took my four year old for a stroll in the Park, which he loves to explore. I sat on a bench near the lake basking in the warm sun whilst Joel was trying to catch the Doves ( mission impossible) and all I could hear were the birds and the laughter of Joel. It was just one of those moments you want to put in a box and the best thing about it was that it was free!!!


Some times when I'm out shopping I'll drive into the Park instead of going home and park at the edge of the car park overlooking the lake and make myself a brew...and just kickback for half an hour.


So forget your I phones/laptops / 24 hour TV and get out there and enjoy the simple and free thing in life...........

1 comment:

  1. Totally agree - our youngest is 11 &, great as he is now, I'd give a lot to have another day with him as a four year old

    ReplyDelete