Friday, June 10, 2011

Being a Good Samaritan...

We all lead busy lives these days, with people trying to do a dozen things at the same time and always in a rush to get somewhere. This pace of life unfortunately can affect our willingness to help complete strangers when in need, because " We don't want to get involved"
A couple of days ago as I was dropping Joel of at school, I notice a Campervan with it's hazards flashing by the side of the road. I was in a rush( as always) but I said to myself " if that van is still there in 10 mins I'll stop to help". Sure enough when I was coming back it was still there, so I stopped to offer help. The lady driver ( Paula) said she'd run out of petrol due to a faulty gauge but had called the AA who would be there in the hour. Fair enough and I wished her well. As I dove off I thought I could o better. So I called home picked up an empty petrol can and went to fill it up . Then I went back to the stranded Campervan. The lady was gobsmacked that someone would put themselves out for a complete stranger. She thanked me saying that I had saved her from missing an important appointment .
So the moral of the story is if you can help do help , you never know when the shoe maybe on the other foot. So lets all be good Samaritans....it feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment